Cabbage Avocado Slaw With a Twist of Lemon
This purification friendly version of a traditional picnic favorite combines the crunch of cabbage with the satisfying creaminess of avocado. And though you can’t taste them, you’ll also enjoy the health benefits of the abundance of glucosinolates and carotenoids in this salad.
- 6 cups purple and green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 small red, orange, or yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- ¼ cup shelled hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl until the avocado is creamy throughout.
Recipe courtesy of www.wholefoodsmarket.com